Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bitter

I hate the Flyers. I really do. Okay, maybe I don't hate the team itself. It's (most) Flyers fans that make me dislike them. They're ignorant and classless - I've heard them boo or jeer injured players from the opposing team. A referee makes a legitimate call and they start an ASSHOLE chant. No, douchebags, you aren't funny. Their announcers are extremely unprofessional. Sure, you should have a bias for your team if you work for a regional network. These guys take it to a new level. Any time something goes against the Flyers it's because there's a conspiracy against them. That leads to five minutes of complaining about how incompetent the officials are. They commit and obvious penalty and the refs don't know what they're talking about. The other team gets away with something and the refs have it in for them. They never acknolwedge something good that the other team does. If you watch Penguins games, their announcers will acknowledge things such as milestones players from the other team achieve, commend a good play, and if an unfavorable call goes against them, they may disagree, but instead of griping about it for five minutes they say "Well, they call it like they see it, and the Pens have to deal with it and move on" or something to that extent and continue on. Flyers games are so bad I frequently have to watch the game on mute. The sad thing about this is...they're better this year than they were in the past. Maybe I should stop complaining and just take it for what it is. I'm mostly bitter because they just won.

3 comments:

bloggdogg said...

ahah go flyers!!

paige said...

No, dude, I totally agree. I don't really care what people try to say in defense for them, their actions are inexcusable. I get totally p.o.'d about this stuff a lot. I'm actually really into baseball (GO BOSOX!) and I find announcer Joe Buck to be the most obnoxious man alive. Every time I hear his voice all I can think is, "Shut the Buck up."

samm said...

Thanks for cleaning it up, if only for a little bit. Good stuff, Nate. See you in class today.