Sunday, May 18, 2008

Good Riddance

The Flyers just joined my Avs on the golf course after being demoralized by Pittsburgh 6-0 in game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals. The Pens now await the winner of the Detroit - Dallas series, which is 3-2 Detroit. The Wings were up 3-0 before Dallas won the last 2 games. Game 6 is tomorrow night at 8 on Versus...can Dallas force a game 7? Part of me hopes so, but part of me wants Detroit to win just so they can ensure there are no sun belt teams in the Cup finals this year. I'm sick of warm climate teams who don't belong in the NHL winning a trophy that originated in Canada for a sport that, for awhile, couldn't be played anywhere that couldn't sustain natural ice in the winter. Anyway, more to come after the conclusion of the Western Conference series.

2 comments:

samm said...

Good riddance.

Noelle said...

Haha, I love your reasoning on who should win. I've honestly never thought of it that way.

I was reading an article in the paper today about the Penguins beating the Flyers, and it talked about how there are so many players on the Penguins that aren't even old enough to legally drink champagne out of the Stanley Cup. LOL. Do all of the teams have people that young on them? I honestly had no idea.